Monday, September 17, 2012

Won't You Take Me to Niketown?


Just a few short makeup posts, the first of which is from a couple weeks ago.  My aunt, uncle, cousin, and his girlfriend were in town for the US Open, so we met for some barbecue at Southern Hospitality, JT's restaurant in Hell's Kitchen.  Not sure if I feel comfortable promoting anything of or pertaining to JT - okay, maybe a couple things...but the food wasn't too bad.

From there we journeyed to Time Square and up deadly 7th Avenue, past Carnegie Deli, where I bet my cheesecake-obsessed cuz he couldn't finish a slice in one sitting (never got to see how that turned out, unfortunately, but I'd still bet Andrew's corpse he couldn't.  Those things are richer than thieves, to say nothing of their thickness.

Good thing this side of the family's fit and opened to walking because our next destination, Niketown, turned out to be more distant than I had guesstimationally calculated (disclaimer: adverb used ironically, just to be painfully clear).  And from there I bid farewell and took the lovely 59th street stroll by myself.  

In closing, I refer you to the ostentatious, dare I say worthless, exhibition at the entrance to the store boasting Nike's new deal with the NFL.  



2 comments:

  1. i wish all of those figures were real NFL players just standing really still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, I didn't apply the needle test...

    ReplyDelete